Parts of I-10 and Loop 303 will shut down for a commercial shoot this weekend.
for more information on the I-10 and Loop 303 closures that will support an economic boost, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
There will be other lane restrictions, not associated with the shoot. Here is a breakdown of all the scheduled construction and closures, according to ADOT’s Weekend Freeway Travel Advisory:
- Eastbound Interstate 10 narrowed to two lanes between 75th and 59th avenues in west Phoenix from 9 p.m. Friday to 8 p.m. Saturday (March 16) for construction at the Loop 202 South Mountain Freeway interchange. Eastbound I-10 on-ramp at 75th Avenue closed. DETOUR: Expect heavy traffic and allow extra travel time. Consider alternate routes, including northbound and eastbound Loop 101 in the West Valley.
- Westbound Interstate 10 narrowed to two lanes between the I-17 “Stack” interchange and 35th Avenue from 10 p.m. Saturday to 8 p.m. Sunday (March 17) for sign structure installation. Westbound I-10 on-ramp at 27th Avenue closed. DETOUR: Expect heavy traffic and allow extra travel time. Consider alternate routes, including westbound and southbound Loop 101 in the West Valley.
- Interstate 10 will have intermittent rolling closures in areas between 16th Street and 19th Avenue north of downtown Phoenix from 5 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday (March 16) for commercial video production. The southbound State Route 51 ramp to eastbound Loop 202 and eastbound I-10 ramp to northbound SR 51 will be closed at times Saturday. Department of Public Safety troopers in patrol vehicles will hold traffic as needed for brief periods. DETOUR: Please allow extra travel time and be prepared for slowing or stopped traffic. Consider using I-17 between the I-10 “Split” interchange near Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport and the I-10 “Stack” interchange north of Van Buren Street.
- Loop 303 closed between Van Buren Street and McDowell Road near the I-10 interchange from 5 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday and Monday (March 17-18) for commercial video production. The eastbound and westbound I-10 ramps to southbound Loop 303 will be closed. The southbound Loop 303 ramps to I-10 will remain open. DETOUR: Alternate routes include the Loop 303 frontage roads between Van Buren Street and McDowell Road. Drivers who normally would use the I-10 ramps to southbound Loop 303 should consider exiting westbound I-10 at Sarival Avenue and eastbound I-10 at Citrus Road and traveling south to Van Buren Street.
- Eastbound Interstate 10 narrowed to one lane overnight near 59th Avenue from 8 p.m. to 4 a.m. Sunday through Thursday nights (March 17-21) for bridge work at the Loop 202 South Mountain Freeway interchange. DETOUR: Please allow extra travel time and consider alternate routes, including northbound and eastbound Loop 101 in the West Valley.
for more information.
Please be safe this weekend, and have fun celebrating St. Patrick’s Day!
Weekend Travel Alert (March 15-18): Two freeways will close for a commercial shoot! – ABC15 Arizona