A look at the headlines right now:
- Clashes break out during Amit Shah’s roadshow in Kolkata, Vidyasagar College gate set on fire: Stone pelting incidents were reported near a college hostel on Bidhan Sarani street in the state capital.
- Mani Shankar Aiyar says his ‘neech kisam ka aadmi’ remark was prophetic, predicts defeat for PM Modi: The BJP described Aiyar as “abuser-in-chief” and labelled him Pakistan’s crony.
- ‘Will quit politics if true,’ says MK Stalin on Tamil Nadu BJP chief’s claim of talks with DMK: Tamilisai Soundararajan had said that the DMK chief allies with the Congress, Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao and Narendra Modi at the same time.
- WhatsApp discovers spyware that targets phones through its voice call function: The company asked users to upgrade to the latest version of the app after discovering the malware.
- Rahul Gandhi mocks Narendra Modi for remark on cloud cover helping Balakot air strike: He also told the prime minister to stop speaking about mangoes, and to start talking about unemployment in India.
- BJP leader who shared Mamata Banerjee’s morphed image granted bail by Supreme Court: The top court ordered the immediate release of Priyanka Sharma, who was arrested from West Bengal’s Howrah district on Friday.
- Wholesale price-based inflation reduces to 3.07% in April, food prices still high: The wholesale price index-based inflation was at 3.18% in March and 3.2% in April 2018.
- Jet Airways CEO Vinay Dube resigns citing ‘personal reasons’: His resignation came a day after his deputy and the airline’s Chief Financial Officer Amit Agarwal stepped down from his posts.
- Kamal Haasan’s Godse remark mentioned in Delhi High Court in PIL against misuse of religion: BJP leader Ashwini Kumar Upadhyay, who moved the Election Commission on Monday against the actor-turned-politician’s remark, has filed the plea.
- Youth accused of raping three-year-old girl in Bandipora is not a minor, say police: The police have also detained the principal of a school who had issued a birth certificate for the accused, in which his birth date is written as July 23, 2009.
The big news: Violence breaks out at Amit Shah’s rally in Kolkata, and nine other top stories – Scroll.in