Here’s what we know so far about the incident:
* Mumbai Police to register a case in connection with the bridge collapse incident
* Three patients with head injuries have been shifted to JJ hospital
* NDRF team was withdrawn from the accident spot at 10.34pm after the completion of the rescue operation
* CM has initiated a high-level probe. We will try to get the inquiry report as early as possible: Medical education minister Girish Mahajan
* CM Fadnavis has announced ex-gratia of Rs 5 lakh for the kin of the deceased and Rs 50,000 for the injured. State to bear the cost of their treatment
* The collapse of a foot overbridge in Mumbai is deeply saddening. My thoughts are with the families who lost their loved ones in this accident. I pray for the speedy recovery of the injured: Home minister Rajnath Singh
* A major portion of the foot overbridge caved in at around 7.30pm on Thursday.
* The bridge connects the bustling Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus railway station with the Azad Maidan police station in Mumbai.
* The NDRF says a 45-member team has reached the footbridge collapse site.
* All the injured have been rushed to nearby hospitals, a disaster management cell official said. While six injured were admitted to the nearby St George Hospital, 10 were shifted to the G T hospital.
* The bridge which connected the area near the Times of India building with the iconic CSMT station was commonly known as ‘Kasab bridge’ after the 26/11 Mumbai attack terrorist passed through it during the terror attacks.
Mumbai CST bridge collapse: What we know so far – Times of India